Maths Fun » The 9 Times Quickie in Mathematics
Everyone has something that stumps them once in a while, and that will continue throughout life. However, when you are learning the multiplication tables and get up to the nines, that’s getting into the area where the calculations are getting just a bit trickier. There’s a really fun trick that you can do when you are learning the 9 times quickie in mathematics for the nines multiplication tables that you never even need a calculator to get the solution. All you need are two hands and 10 fingers – or two feet and 10 toes if you have on sandals. This is one of the great little mathematical tricks that will take you less than a minute to learn when you know how to do it. The technique that is taught in this lesson makes the 9 Times tables a breeze to learn and remember for the rest of your life.
Here are some math tricks that can help you learn the facts.
1) Place your hands in front of you with fingers spread out wide.
2) Bend your third finger for the equation 9 x 3. (Bend your fourth finger for 9 x 4, and so on.)
3) See that there are 2 fingers in front of your bent finger, and 7 fingers after your bent finger.
4) This means that the answer to 9 x 3 is 27.
5) This is only applicable for the multiplication table of 9 (multiplied by up to 10.)
Was this article useful? What should we do to improve your experience?
Share your valued feedback and suggestions!
Some History with Mathematics! Math Facts Math Tricks Beauty of Maths The Miracle of 11 Multiply up to 20x20 in Your Head Magic Squares The 9 Times Quickie Number Fun Math Trick to Determine Your Birthday Fun with Mathematics Keep track of these numbers as they get bigger!! Counting Game with a Multiplication Twist! Apple and Andy