Writing Exercises and Activities
Writing in English
Writing is a skill. So is writing in English. It is a skill that can be learnt and practised to perfection.
Here are writing exercises and activities categorised into different levels, as beginner, intermediate and advanced. Each level has different worksheets which also vary in their level of difficulty. You can choose the writing exercises that fit your needs the most.
If you are a parent or a teacher of very young children, do sit with them, and explain the writing exercises given in the beginner level worksheets. The intermediate and advanced levels can be attempted by the learner him/herself.
Beginner level worksheets:Worksheet-1 Worksheet-2 Worksheet-3
Intermediate level worksheets:Worksheet-1 Worksheet-2 Worksheet-3
Advanced level worksheets:Worksheet-1 Worksheet-2 Worksheet-3
Writing TipsHow to be a Writer Elements of a Short Story
- Writing Tips - Narrative Forms
- Writing Tips - Literary Divisions and General Principles
- Writing Tips - The Story in Particular
- Writing Tips - Special Study of the Story
- Writing Tips - A Few Cautions
- To What Extent Is Physical Appearance An Important Part Of Our Identity?
- ‘Science Creates Problems Even As It Creates Solutions.’ What Do You Think?
- To What Extent Is Violence Common Among The Youngsters In Our Society Today?
- Is Reading Books Superior To Other Forms Of Recreation?
- Studying Abroad
- A Busy Shopping Mall
- The Advantages Of Learning Many Languages