Online Quiz » Science Quiz And Riddles For Kids
Improve your kids general knowledge through our science quiz and riddles. Learn about the human body’s digestive processes, internal organs and brain functions. Kids can also learn about the human anatomy, and various details about its functioning.
- What is the name of the muscles found in the front of the human thigh?
The quadriceps femoris is a group of four separate muscles located on the front of the thigh.
- What is the name of the substance that gives the hair and the skin its color?
Melanin is the substance that gives hair, skin, and eyes their color.
- What is the name of the bones around your chest that protect the vital organs such as the heart?
The rib cage and spine protect the vital organs from any external injury.
- What does the innermost part of bones contain?
The innermost part of bones contains a substance called "bone marrow.”
- What is the name of the tube that carries food from your mouth to your stomach?
It is called “the oesophagus.”
- What is the term used for the flow of blood through your heart and around your body?
It is known as “circulation.”
- Approximately, how many bones does an adult human body have?
The adult human body consists of 206 bones. However, it consists of 270 bones at birth.
- What are the names of the two holes in your nose?
They are called “nostrils.”
- How many lungs does the adult human body have?
- What is the outer layer of skin on the human body known as?
- What is the name of the organ that allows a human to experience different tastes?
Humans have taste buds (gustatory calyculi) that contain sensory organs on their tongue, which allow them to experience different tastes.
- What is the name of the two chambers at the top of the human heart?
The two chambers on the top of the heart are called Atria and which collect blood from the body and the lungs.
- What is the name of the two chambers at the bottom of the human heart?
The two chambers on the bottom of the heart, called ventricles, pump blood to the lungs and the body.
- What is the name for the shape of DNA?
The most common DNA shape that looks like a twisting ladder has been named as the double helix.
- What is the human nail made up of?
Nails are made up of a tough protective protein called keratin.
- What other function does the human ear have apart from hearing?
In addition to hearing, the human ear helps keep the body maintain its balance.
- What is the name of the largest part of the human brain called?
The cerebrum is the biggest part of the human brain.
- What is another name for your voice box?
- What is the name of the human body’s largest internal organ?
The liver. It is also the heaviest.
- What is the name of the human body’s largest external organ?
- What is the name of the bones that make up your spine?
While each bone is called vertebra, together, all the bones that make up the spine are called vertebrae (vert-a-bray).
And a simple riddle to close our science quiz. What has hands but is unable to clap? A clock!