International Short Story Writing Contest for School Children
International Short Story Contest 2018 #1 ResultsInternational Short Story Contest 2017 #2 ResultsInternational Short Story Contest 2017 #1 ResultsInternational Short Story Contest 2016 #2 ResultsInternational Short Story Contest 2016 #1 Results
Our next International Short Story Contest will be conducted in September 2018. We invite school students all over the world to join this contest. Unleash the creative spirit in you!
As usual, entry is free. You can win attractive prize money, certificates and publication opportunities.
Please see below for the rules of the contest.
- The contest is open to young people all over the world.
- Deadline for the next contest (2018 #2) is 15th of September 2018.
- Winners will be announced on 7th October 2018, on this website.
- Entry is free.
- The story has to be written in English.
- The theme of the short story is your choice.
- Drawings, photos, or any other graphics are not allowed.
- Only one entry is accepted per person.
- The contest will be in three categories:
a. Sub-junior (7-9 years)
b. Junior (10-12 years)
c. Senior (13-16 years)
- The required length of the story is as follows:
a. Sub-junior – 300-500 words
b. Junior – 500-700 words
c. Senior- 700 -1000 words
- The upper limit can be exceeded in all categories.
- Proof of age is required (scan or take a photo of your birth certificate/identity card/certificate from school/health record/school record).
- Send your story and the proof of age as attachments to email@example.com.
- Mention the following information below your story:
c. Category entered
d. Title of your story
e. Word count (including the title)
f. Email address parent's/teacher's email address can be used here if necessary)
g. Phone number (optional)
h. School name
- Any entry that is not accompanied by proof of age will be automatically disqualified.
- The story should be the original, unpublished contribution of the person who is participating in the competition. Any story that is fully or partially copied from any other source will not be accepted. Each entry will be subjected to a complete plagiarism check.
- Type your story using Microsoft Word, and use Times New Roman or Arial 12 point regular font. You may use italics or bold for effect, but do not use them frequently.
- There will be three winners in each category.
- The prizes for all categories are as follows:
First prize – $75, certificate, and publication on the website
Second prize-$50, certificate, and publication on the website
Third prize-$25, certificate, and publication on the website
- All highly commended and outstanding short stories will be published on our website www.kidsworldfun.com
- All winning, highly commended, and outstanding stories may not be published elsewhere without permission from KidsWorldFun.
- Judges’ decision will be final.
- Stories will be judged on the basis of content, language and style of writing.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
If you would like to learn about the different components of a short story, please read elements of a short story.