Online Quiz » Animal Quiz » Cool Dinosaur Quiz
Cool dinosaur quiz for kids and adults. Free and printable. Was Tyrannosaurus Rex a bipedal carnivore? Find out and learn more about dinosaurs. Answers are given at bottom of the page.
Cool Dinosaur Quiz
- Tyrannosaurus rex was a
a. Bipedal carnivore
b. Quadrupedal carnivore
c. Bipedal herbivore
- The name ‘Ankylosaurus’ means
a. Tyrant lizard
b. Stiff lizard
c. Armoured lizard
- In which area of the world was Allosaurus found?
a. North America
b. South America
- The bipedal dinosaur Oviraptor weighed around
a. 2 tonnes
b. 200 kilograms
c. 20 kilograms
- The length of the dinosaur Baryonyx was around
a. 20 metres
b. 10 metres
c. 25 metres
- In which period in history did the dinosaur Janenschia live?
a. Late Cretaceous period
b. Early Jurassic period
c. Late Jurassic period
- The name Apatosaurus means
a. Super lizard
b. Tyrant lizard
c. Deceptive lizard
- Which of the following dinosaurs had bony plates on its back?
- What does the word ‘dinosaur’ literally mean?
a. Terrible reptile
b. Terrible bird
c. Terrible lizard
- During which period in history did dinosaurs first appear?
a. Jurassic period
b. Cretaceous period
c. Triassic period
- Birds descended from a type of dinosaurs known as
- The first dinosaur to be formally named, in 1824, was the
a. Tyrannosaurus rex
- What is the name of the dinosaur in this picture?
- Which dinosaur had a crest on its head that formed as a long, curved pipe pointing backwards from the skull?
- What is another name for Apatosaurus?
1. a | 2. b | 3. a | 4. c | 5. b | 6. c | 7. c | 8. c | 9. c | 10. c | 11. a | 12. c | 13. b | 14. a | 15. c
Image courtesy: sciencekids.co.nz