Learn Science » Staying Healthy
We have to care for our body to stay healthy and to avoid diseases.
A clean body
- Have a shower every morning and evening.
- Wash your body with soap.
- Wash your hair with shampoo. The shampoo can be bought, or made at home.
- Wash your hands with soap and water whenever you come back home from school or other places, after playing and after visiting the toilet.
- Dry your hands with a towel.
- Always wash your hands before you eat.
- Keep your fingernails clean and short.
- Do not pick your nose.
- Do not suck your thumb.
- Do not bit your finger nails.
- Do not twirl your hair.
- Brush your teeth to keep them clean and healthy.
- Brush your teeth in the morning and night.
- Brush your teeth with a toothpaste and a toothbrush.
- Do flossing, and occasionally rinse your mouth with a mouthwash.
Eat healthy food
To stay healthy you need to eat lots of healthy food.
Some examples of healthy food are
- Brown rice
- Whole meal bread
- Milk and cheese
Also, drink lots of water every day to stay healthy. Drink more water after playing, and on hot days.
- Sweets and fast food are unhealthy. Examples are doughnuts, ice cream, burger, French fries and all fried food.
- Do not drink sweet carbonated drinks. They are unhealthy.
- Avoid processed meat such as sausages and bacon.
- Always exercise to keep your body strong and healthy.
- You should exercise for at least an hour every day.
Cycling, swimming, playing with friends, playing catch, skipping, playing soccer, jogging, and brisk walking are good ways to exercise.