Learn English » Grammar » Parts of speech: Quiz (beginner)
Parts of speech: Quiz (beginner)
Choose the right answer from the options given.
- Which of the following is a noun?
- Which of the following is an example of a Proper Noun?
- Which of the following is an uncountable noun?
- “I have no regrets about my life so far.”
The underlined word is a ……………..
- What is the Comparative form of the adjective ‘pretty’?
A) More Pretty
D) Most Pretty
- What is the plural of the noun ‘deer’?
C) Many Deers
- What is the past tense of the verb ‘drive’?
- What is the noun formed from the verb ‘decide’?
- Fill in the blanks with the right preposition.
“The book is …………….. the table.”
- Fill in the blanks with the appropriate conjunction.
“……………….. it was raining, the children continued playing basketball.”
C) in spite of
- Fill in the blanks with the appropriate interjection.
“…….. It has started raining again. How can we play now?”
B) Oh dear!
- Which of the following is not an example of an adverb formed from an adjective?
- Pick out a personal pronoun in the sentences below.
“The cost of living in Tokyo is very high. My friend said that he was quite surprised by how expensive things there are.”
A) cost of living
- Pick out the subordinating conjunction from the following sentence.
“Lynda clenched her jaw muscle while waiting for her turn to audition, because her teeth were chattering in fear.”
- Identify the part of speech of the underlined word.
“I prefer spending time with my children rather than buying
toys for them.”