Tell your children these things are not encouraged and may harm the child.
- Touching own private parts in front of others or touching the body parts of others
- It is not good if an elder ask to touch her or his body part in front of child
- It is not good to see photos or videos with clothes off or dolls with clothes off
- It is not good to allow someone to take photos without permission from your mom or dad
- It is not good to speak or hear someone speaking wrong language, inappropriate words. (Here comes the importance of telling the appropriate names of the body parts to avoid using foul language)
How should a child react when someone touch the child with wrong intentions
Teach your child to say or do these actions:
- Saying no stubbornly restricting the action of the elder
- Quickly run away from the place
- Never stay alone
- Scream for help
Let your child believe that you completely trust him or her. Make your child believe that you stay with the kid in all odds and help overcome all obstacles. If someone touches the child with wrong intentions, the child would directly convey it. In many instances, children weren’t able to speak out considering they did something wrong.
Good Touch: For cleaning and for healthy
Here comes a simple and safety rule to be wary about informing a child. It is definitely not okay to allow an elderly person to touch the private parts of a child until and unless it is intended to clean and for health purpose. You can explain it this way to your child.
Children will easily understand this rule. This ‘clean and health’ rule of touching is applicable from infants to pre-teens. It includes bathing, giving warm soaks, toilet training, diaper changing, etc.
Simply, if an elder touches the private body parts other than cleaning or for health purpose, it is a bad touch!
Develop a habit of having daily conversation with kids, encourage child to discuss everything that happened in school, from morning to-night. This habit will make the child trust you more and ensures positive feeling.
Finally, you can set up a mock play to teach and let the child understand it for a better healthy life.