Easter is always made special with Easter egg designs. Have you made your Easter egg faces? If not, check it out at Simple Easter Egg Design Ideas.
Now we are moving from the eggs to the nests! Who can resist cute little chicks sitting on top of a chocolate nest, the hatchlings just out of their Easter eggs? Make this Easter very special by baking these Easter chocolate nests! Make sure you bake enough and more, because surely they will disappear fast! The ingredients you need for this special recipe are all found in a typical kitchen, or easily bought from the store. It does not cost you much to bake these extraordinary and amazing Easter treats for your dear ones. Let us see how you make them.
Time needed: 30 minutes (plus cooking and cooling)
What you need
- Self-raising flour – 100 g
- Cocoa powder – 15 g
- Eggs – 2
- Soft margarine or butter at room temperature – 125 g
- Chocolate spread – 4 tbsp.
- Mini eggs – 200g
- Crumbly chocolate bars – 3
- Easter chick decorations – a few
- Cupcake, or medium muffin cases – 12
- 12 hole muffin tin or cake tin – 1
- Fine sieve
- Mixing bowl
- Butter knife
- Wooden spoon or electric mixer
- Over gloves
- Mixing bowl
Let’s bake it
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 10 minutes.
- Place the cupcake/muffin cases into the sections of the muffin/cupcake tin
- Put the margarine/butter, cocoa powder, sugar, eggs, cocoa, and flour into the bowl.
- Beat together with the wooden spoon or electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake/muffin cases till they are half filled.
- Place the cake/muffin tin in the centre of the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes until well-risen. The tops should spring back when pressed lightly. Leave to cool.
- Take the cakes out of the oven. Using a butter knife, spread the tops with the chocolate spread.
- Break the crumbly chocolate bar into pieces and arrange on top of the cakes to look like nests.
- Add the mini eggs and chicks.
Your Easter Chocolate nests are ready now.
For more art and craft ideas visit http://www.kidsworldfun.com/art-craft.php
Image courtesy: hungryhinny.com