Every individual has had a childhood filled with precious memories. One integral component which filled our childhood with joy and wonder is “TELEVISION”. As Kids, haven’t we all dreamt of becoming our own favorite television characters?? Don’t we all remember playing as “Alice in Wonderland”?? Television has invariably shaped our lives in one way or another. Here are some Fun Interesting and Fun TV Facts for Kids.
Fun TV Facts for Kids
Some Fun TV facts which we are not aware of yet.
- First color television came only in 1975, even though John Baird demonstrated color T.V. in 1928…!!
- First electronic T.V cost around 25 Euro in 1929!! So, the question is: was it cheap and affordable back then?? (You do the Math calculation!!)
Let’s have a brief look at Television History, which makes us wonder why it took so long after its initial invention to shape it into the form we enjoy today.
- Paul Nipkow, a Teenager and student at university in 1884, built his “electric Telescope”….!!!! He was from Germany. Surprisingly, He never felt interested enough to commercialize his invention.
- First two televisions came from Paul Nipkow & John Logie Baird. However, both were Mechanical and not electronic….. imagine!!!
- Philo Farnsworth, (Brilliant American inventor) in 1927 gave us the first electronic T.V which we use in our homes till today. But it’s a pity, he’s been largely forgotten.
Kids TV shows
All the Adult Grown up community loves to watch their own favorite TV programmes during a break or after coming back home. Ironically, the largest audience when it comes to watching TV is kids. During the early years of Television invention and even today, “Kids TV shows” continue to DOMINATE the scenario.
- “Seinfield” is an amazing Kids TV show which predicted several things as a joke which eventually turned out to be prophecies (some prediction which turns out to be true. e.g TRUMP becoming US president!!!
- The longest running Kids TV show is “SESAME STREET”. It started in 1969 and continues till today…(2018)… 48 seasons, 4000+episodes!!
- All cartoon characters…Mickey Mouse, Popeye, Donald duck…. Tom & Jerry are the product of Kids TV Shows
- One of favorite activity of Kids in India is watching Television. Indian Kids enjoy watching TV for about 35 hours a week, while global average is 22 hours a week!!
- India alone has about 167 million television Sets. Watching Television is a multi-million-dollar business in India today.
- Viewers watching Television pay nominally while television channels pay millions of bucks to your favorite TV series Producers…!! (Isn’t it a mystery/puzzle for the readers to crack?)
Kids TV Channels
There are about 10 different languages in which Indian Kids TV channels are dubbed to reach the diverse audience.
- In India, a dedicated “GENRE” for kids TV channels is available literally among all DTH operators.
- There are about 20+ Kids TV channels available on Indian TV e.g. POGO, DISNEY, HUNGAMA etc.
Children’s TV show
The first step in learning is imitation. (A child learns by imitating his parents) “A picture is worth a thousand words”. It’s a virtually a no-brainer regarding how much of an impact T.V has on a child.
- Some of the favorite Children’s TV shows in India are: ShinChan, ChhotaBheem, Motu-Patlu, Tom & Jerry etc.
- India’s first superhero TV show “SHAKTIMAAN” become so popular as Children’s favorite TV show that it had to be shifted on weekends on people’s demand (Sat & Sun), so as to allow the young generation not to miss it!!
- The TV developed by John Logie Baird in 1926 worked on a machine which could transmit a flickering image of light across a few feet. This is what known as Television and referred to as “Baird TV” in Modern era.
Television – means Tele (Over Long Distance: Voice, sound, audio) and Vision –Means (Visual, to see something). It’s a perfect combination which keeps us occupied with such a wide variety in the form of Music, Sports, Entertainment and Science etc. However, it is also necessary for the Viewers (Especially Children & Adults) to use their discretion while watching T.V. Children need to follow the good things being presented: example manners, Respect, Science knowledge, Curiosity, Kindness and being Brave etc. Children and adults reading this article are requested to pay heed to the same presented above.