Learn Science » Different Branches of Science
Different Branches of Science
Many of us are science lovers, although we hate to learn science as a subject. As said earlier, science is an ocean, while a few are revealed through experiment and research; there are many undiscovered elements in the world. We are not digging for any mysteries of undiscovered science, but to learn about various branches of science.
Broad classification of science:
- Physical Science
- Life Science
- Earth Science
Classified into three:
- Physics - A natural science that involves the study of matter, motion, energy, force, objects, etc. related to universe and its function
- Chemistry – The study and analysis of various elements, composition, structure, chemical process, etc.
- Astronomy – The study of objects in and beyond the atmosphere of the earth
Biology – Natural science and in-depth study of living organisms, from evolution to destruction.
- Botany – A known branch of science, studying about plant kingdom
- Zoology – The twin branch of botany, study of animal kingdom
- Human Biology– The study about human beings, nutrition, diseases, medicine, etc.
- Genetic Science – The study about genes, genetic facts, diseases of genes, etc.
- Medicine – The study, diagnosis, research, etc. of various diseases and treatments
Classified into five:
- Ecology - The study of environment, relation of living organisms in the environment and ecosystem
- Oceanology – Called Marine Science, it broadly covers all topics related to the Ocean
- Meteorology – The study about climate, rainfall, wind, speed, density, etc. related to the Atmosphere
- Geology – The study about various aspects of earth, an interesting branch that deals with digging the past
- Palaeontology – Similar to Geology, which deals with studying various objects that existed in the prehistoric period
Sub branches, a blend of physics, chemistry, and biology.
- Bio-Chemistry – Organic Chemistry, study about various processes happening in living organisms
- Bio-Physics – A pure blend of Physics and Biology, where the concepts and theories of Physics are applied in biological elements
- Biotechnology – A new branch of science emerged as a baby of Biology and Technology, which deals with exploring microorganisms for production of drugs, artificial hormones, etc.