Learn English » Vocabulary Building Games
Easy English exercises to improve your vocabulary
I am sure you are going to have fun working on this vocabulary building exercise. Given below are different sets of words. Each group has something common that keeps them together as a group. But there is one odd fellow in each group who does not belong there. All you have to do is pick the ODD MAN OUT! Learn English online Think well and find out what is that common thing in each group. Once you find that out, picking the odd one will be a breeze. I mean eaaaaaaaaaazy. Get going!
ODD Man Out: Answers are given below:
1. Mars, Venus, Mercury, Sun, Jupiter
2. Chess, Cricket, Carom, Squash, Snow bowling
3. White, Red, Green, Violet, Yellow
4. Tomato, Potato, Carrot, Cabbage, Cucumber
5. Lemon, Melon, Grape, Apple, Orange
6. Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Minerals, Calcium
7. Sea, Valley, Tower, River, Mountain
8. Orange, Ring, Water, Rose, Watch
9. Wool, Silk, Nylon, Cotton, Hemp
10. Paper, Plastic, Wood, Cotton, Jute
11. Carpenter, Tailor, Blacksmith, Cook, Barber
12. Taurus, Stars, Aries, Pisces, Sagittarius
13. Copy, Paste, Print, Scan, Fax
14. Cub, Kangaroo, Puppy, Calf, Kitten
15. Cream, Cheese, Butter, Tofu, Curd
1. Answer: Sun
Sun is a star! All the others are planets.
2. Answer: Cricket
Other games are indoor games.
3. Answer: White
White is not a color in the Rainbow.
4. Answer: Potato
We can eat all others raw other than potato.
5. Answer: Apple
Except apple, others are juicy fruits.
6. Answer: Minerals
All others can be categorized under minerals, the essential nutrients.
7. Answer: Tower
Tower is artificial, constructed by men, while others are natural.
8. Answer: Water
Other words carry two meanings.
Orange – A color and a fruit
Rose – A color and a flower
Watch – wrist watch / observing somebody or something
Ring – Ear ring / ring the bell
9. Answer: Nylon
Except nylon, all others are natural fibers.
10. Answer: Plastic
Other materials are bio-degradable, while plastic will never decompose.
11. Answer: Barber
Others need raw material to work on, except barber.
12. Answer: Stars
'Star' is not a zodiac sign.
13. Answer: Paste
Paste is not an option in printer
14. Answer: Kangaroo
Kangaroo is not used to mention the younger / baby animals.
15. Answer: Tofu
Tofu is a kind of cottage cheese, but not a milk product. It is made from soy milk.