15 Brain Teasers For Kids
15 Brain Teasers For Kids
Given below is our next collection of brain teasers. They are funny and may appear difficult at first, but as one gets used to it, they are relatively easy. These brain teasers will have the kids scratching their heads. There is a wide range of brain teasers available online these days. However, these mental mathematics or logical reasoning will get the kids to think differently and improve their learning skills.
- There are three houses. One is violet, one is green, and one is white. If the violet house is to the left of the house in the middle, and the green house is to the right to the house in the middle, where is the white house?
The White House is in Washington D.C!
- A farmer has 17 sheep and all but nine die. How many are left?
- Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
Mt. Everest. It was still the highest in the world. It just had not been discovered yet!
- Which is heavier, a pound of feathers or a pound of rocks?
Neither. Both weigh a pound!
- I always wanted to be a superhero, but I do not have any special powers. There is one super power that I do have though; I can predict the score of any football game before it begins. How can I do this?
Well, the score before any football game is always zero to zero!
- When you have me, you immediately feel like sharing me. But, if you do share me, you do not have me.
- You are driving a bus. At the first stop, two women get on. The second stop, three men get on and one woman gets off. At the third stop, three kids and their mom get on, and a man gets off. The bus is grey, and it is raining outside. What color is the bus driver’s hair?
Whatever color your hair is! Remember, you are the bus driver!
- What is full of holes but can still hold water?
- I have no voice, yet I speak to you. I tell of all things in the world that people do. I have leaves, but I am not a tree. I have a spine, but I am not a man. I have hinges, but I am not a door. I have told you all. I cannot tell you more. What am I?
- An Arab sheik is old and must will his fortune to one of his two sons. He makes a proposition. He asks his two sons to ride their camels in a race, whichever camel crosses the finish line LAST will win the fortune for its owner. After the race began the two brothers wandered aimlessly for days, neither willing to cross the finish line. In desperation, they seek the advice of an old wise man. He whispers something to them and the two of them dash to the camels, leap onto them and charge toward the finish line. What had the wise man said to them?
The rules of the race were that the camel that crosses the finish line last wins the fortune for its owner, the rule doesn’t apply to the owner of the camel. The wise man simply told them to switch camels.
- Marcus is looking at a photograph of someone. His friend, Alice, asks who it is. Marcus replies in a tricky way, “Brothers and sisters, I have none. But that man’s father is my father’s son.” Who do you think was in the photograph?
- A man condemned to death has the option of picking one of the mentioned three rooms. The first room is built in the form of an oven spitting flames. The second room has armed men with loaded guns waiting for him, while the third has lions that have been starving for years. Which one should the man choose?
The third room, because lions starving for years would be long dead!
- A truck is stuck under a bridge and the driver cannot get it out. A man walks by
and stops to help. He easily gets the truck unstuck. How did he do it?
He let the air out of the tires.
- As I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives walking back. Each of the man’s wives had seven sacks, each sack had seven dogs, and each dog had seven puppies. Puppies, dogs, sacks and wives; how many were going to St. Ives?
One. Only I was going to St. Ives.
- A cyclist in a cross-country race overtakes the person in second place just before the
finishing line. In what place did he finish?
Second Place. If he passes the person in second, he takes second place, and they become third.