Puzzles, Riddles, Logic Problems And Brain Teasers
Brain teasers and riddles for kids!
Improve your kid’s general knowledge through our riddles and simple brain teasers. Puzzles, riddles and brain teasers are tools that reduce stress from school and give a mental workout for the kid’s brain.
- Name three keys that cannot open any doors?
A donkey, turkey and a monkey.
- How far does a dog usually run into the woods?
If you notice, a dog usually runs only into half of the woods. After which, it runs back.
- Spotty and four other dogs live on a farm. The names of the four dogs are Buddy, Jake, Cody and Buster. What is the fifth dog’s name is?
- Ann’s mother has three daughters. The eldest is called Megan and the second one is Claire. What is the name of the youngest daughter?
- A man fell from a 30-meter ladder, bud did not get hurt. How?
He fell from the “last step” of the 30-meter ladder.
- Name something where more steps you take, the more you leave behind?
- Think of something that belongs to you, yet is more often used by others?
- Name an invention that enables a person to look right through walls?
- Name an item that is full of holes, yet it holds water?
- Name something that can run, but us unable to walk?
- Assume you have four apples and you take away three, then how many apples do you have?
You would have three, as you have only taken three apples.
- What is the similarity in the numbers 88, 69 and 11?
They all read the same if you read it upside down.
- Which odd number can be made even by removing one letter?
Seven - Remove the “s” and it reads “even”.
- How can you get the number 1,000 by adding eight 8’s?
8 + 8 + 8 + 88 + 888 = 1000.
- I have an empty money-box that has an area of 2,500 square centimeters. Can you estimate the number of coins that need to be put inside it, so that it will not be empty?
One coin, after that the box is no more empty.
- Think of a five-letter word that becomes smaller with the addition of two letters?
- Assume that an electric train is cruising at a speed of 60 miles an hour and is travelling west. If there is a strong wind blowing from the east, which way will the smoke from the train blow?
No direction, as it is not a coal train and there is no smoke on electric trains.
- Name an item which always answers but never asks questions?
- Think of a way to throw a ball as hard as you can and make it return to you without bouncing.
Just throw the ball up in the air and it will return to you due to the gravitational force.
- Say “Racecar” backwards.
- Which word appears the same backward and even after turning upside down?
The above riddles, puzzles, word problems and brain teasers are fun specially on a long family car trip. Your kids will enjoy thinking logically can be a good pass-time.