Behind the success of an effective story teller is a story to tell, to an excellent paper is an effective writer. Imagine how a child’s imagination can run wild just by listening to short stories before bedtime. Parents whose passion is writing and reading can be a great influence to a child who is thrilled, excited, and entertained by reading books and listening to storytelling. Writing a short story starts with some series of processes including brainstorming of ideas, drafting the story, and finishing touches to polish the piece. Any parent can be a short story writer with practice and paper writing help.
Starting the Journey of Writing a Short Story
The start is the most challenging step in every task. You consume time just by thinking, “where shall I start?” But this shouldn’t be the case when you know these simple steps and tips and there is writing help that can assist writers to be successful along the way.
- Brainstorming your Ideas – Several mini-steps are involved during brainstorming to make it easier. Remember, your short story may be based from real people and true events. In doing so, you should be able to answer the following questions:
- Plot and scenario– What is your plot? How is the story going to be? What is the main scenario for the short story? How simple or complicated is your plot?
- Characters and Main Conflict for the Protagonist– Who is your protagonist? How interesting is the main character? How well rounded or complicated is the character to make the story more exciting and effective? What ordeal does the main character has to face? How will the character deal with hardships and difficulties? Will the character be able to overcome these ordeals?
- Setting and Theme – Where is the story taking place? How interesting is the setting? How detailed is the setting? Will the readers be confused or be interested to turn the next page? What is the main theme of the short story? How specific or broad is the subject? How does the theme affect the role of the narrator or the protagonist?
- Think of one-of-a-kind Climax – How gut-wrenching is the protagonist’s highest peak of emotions? How convincing is the climax to the readers? Is the protagonist’s emotions expressed in the middle or before the story ends?
- Sudden Twist of Fate – What is readers’ final emotions at the end of the story? Is the element of surprise present to keep the readers guessing or shocked at the end? Perhaps readers expected the opposite and kept second guessing and were so shocked of the book to read the final chapter?
- Get inspired by other Short Stories – Have you read a variety of short stories to identify what works and what bores the readers? Do other stories engages you more compared to others? What genres interest you? What have you noticed about the characterization, use of theme and setting, and the overall presentation of scenarios in the plot?
- Drafting the Story – More writers are relying on paper writing help like https://thesisrush.com/ to ensure they can avoid common errors writers commit. Help like this is a good avenue wherein writers are guided accordingly making the process easier even for a novice especially when drafting a story.
- Plot outline should be organized as this will serve as a guide in writing from beginning, middle, as well as the end.
- Compelling introduction or opening is a sure attention grabber for readers. Introduction should be brief but leaves room for readers to wonder what’s on the succeeding pages.
- Choose the main point of view and keep it concentrated for focus and clarity of perspective.
- Effective dialogues expound the plot and expose real character for a more dramatic and tense turn events in every chapter.
- Detailing should pique the senses to give life to the characters all throughout until revelation. Be subtle and creative in resolving conflicts.
- Finishing Touches – academic writing help for novice and seasoned writers is a great tool in realizing a dream of writing short stories. Finishing touches on the final draft is now easy.
- Proofreading is necessary as well as revision on dialogues and conflicts to the outline or characters after reading out loud for smooth flow.
- Choose a title.
- Let someone read your short story and be open for honest feedback.
Writing a short story is the first step for aspiring writers towards writing a great lengthy novel one day. In fact, even a child can easily draft their dream short story from beginning, middle, until the end.