“Children need the freedom and time to play. Play is not a luxury. Play is a necessity” Says Kay Redfield Jamison. Raising Happy Children is a big question before every parent. Thousands of ‘Hows’ will haunt you whenever your child shows a different gesture or use a talking style. Children are like blotting paper. They observe and imitate whatever they notice. So, it is important to treat them well. Here are some tips for raising happy children. Read it;
• Always encourage your children with appreciation and increase their confidence
• Give them responsibility from early age onwards
• Help your children correcting mistakes
• Instead of frightening them, tell them everything is possible if they work hard
• Use “don’t do that” and “do it” with care
• Take them outside – parks, shopping, museums, theatre etc.
• Spend time with your children
• Don’t compare with other children
• Tell them good and small short stories
• Create a sense of community in your family
Allow them to play with other children. But check who all are their friends and keep in touch with your kids’ friends. Also ask your children what they do with friends when they are alone. Listen to your children even when they utter trifle things to you. Allow your children to use computer, kids online games, and show them funniest kids videos and pictures. Ask your children to read good jokes, books and help them in choosing good music and kids movies.
Raising Happy Children is not a very difficult thing. Follow some simple policies such as connecting them with other children, allow them to learn and play, foster an attitude that they can win if they tirelessly work. Give them recognition. Spend time and laugh with them. All these can help in raising your children happy, good for family, society and nation.