Amazing Facts » Ten most interesting houses in the world
Ten most interesting houses in the world
1. This house is literally built on rock! It sits, looking precariously, on a piece of solid rock in the river Drina in Serbia. But do not be fooled by the looks. The house was built in 1968, and it has withstood severe storms and floods all these years!
2. These unusual dome houses were built for those people who lost their homes in an earthquake in the ancient city of Yogyakarta, in Indonesia. The unique monolithic architecture of the houses makes sure that they can withstand winds of strength up to 190 mph and earthquakes.
3. An artist’s fantasy made his house look like a crocodile. This house is in Anidjan, the capital of Ivory Coast. The artist who designed and built this house is no more. His apprentice lives here now.
4. This is the Nautilus House in Mexico City. The shell-shaped house was designed in 2006 by architect Javier Senosiain of Arquitectura Organica. It is a real house inhabited by a young family with two children.
5. This space ship house, as this is known, is in Chattanooga (TN, USA). It has a view of the Tennessee River as well as the Signal Mountain. A truly unique creation!
6. Aptly called The Upside-Down House, this architectural wonder is in Szymbark (Poland). It was created by Daniel Czapiewski as a representation of how the former communist era has given way to the present times, and what a sea change it has been.
7. Built in the shape of an Airbus A 380, this airplane house is in the village of Miziara, Lebanon. With breathtaking views and unique interior, this house is an architectural wonder!
8. Designed by Kimidori Housing, Japan, in 2006, this house is a 32 sided geodesic sphere. It can float and has the structural strength to withstand earthquakes. It is priced at less than $15,000.
9. This glass house is built around a tree in the woods of Almaty, Kazakhstan. It gives the feeling of camping out! It was designed by Kazakh architect Aibek Almssov of A.Masow Architects.
10. This airplane residence is actually a hotel in Costa Rica. It is set in the jungle of Manuel Antoni at the edge of the National Park in the Costa CVerde Area II. It was constructed out of salvaged Boeing 727 airplane pieces, and really resembles a crashed plane.
Image courtesy: oddee.com, theatlantic.com, perryhomessouthernutah.com, puntourbanogt.com