Amazing Facts » 10 Shocking Facts from History
Here are the part II facts about history, a combination of shocking, surprising and embarrassing facts.
- Tooth implants made of synthetic materials are very common these days. Until 19th Century, tooth implants were made from the tooth removed from the dead soldiers.
- Once, the population of the cats started to decrease. Due to lack of cats, rats’ population increased. Also, it caused severe infectious disease caused by rats. More than 100 billion were killed by a horrible rat infection disease called Plague. Every creature has some purpose to fulfill.
- In ancient days, animals were also charged and arrested under various cases.
- More than 12 million Africans were kidnapped and sold as slaves in the United States of America for around 300 years from 1500 to 1850.
- The brave Napoleon was attacked by a pack of rabbits.
- Russian dogs were once used as bombers to attack the German tanks. They were trained to run under the German tanks carrying bombs on them. Unfortunately, the training backfired. The dogs ran under the Russian tanks and many tanks were blasted.
- During the first Egyptian dynasty, hundreds of people were buried with the King. It includes the court staff, family members, followers of the King and the animals. They were walled with the dead body of the king to help him after life in the mystical world. How sad is that?
- The Great Alexander was the one who invented spying and this is the technique used even in the modern world! Cudos to Alexander the Great!
- Gene Cernan was the last man who walked on the moon. Before he left for moon, he promised his little daughter to write the initials of daughter on the moon. And yes, the lovable father did it. He wrote TDC, the initials of her daughter and this initial would last for more than 10000 years on the moon!
- Longest and Shortest War:
The longest official war in the history was held between the Isles of Scilly and the Netherlands. The war lasted for several centuries from 1651 to 1986!
The shortest war is fought between Zanzibar and Anglo and the war lasted just for 38 minutes.
Source: Huffingtonpost, buzzfeed
Interesting and Fun Facts from History